MASTER GARDENER PROGRAM
In the spring of 1997, Clark County UW-Extension coordinated the first ever Master Gardener training sessions in Clark County. Since that time, 2 more sessions have been held growing the ranks of certified master gardeners to over 30. The master gardeners have also organized a local association which is open to the general public. They call themselves the Over the Garden Gate Gardening Club and they meet on a monthly basis to talk gardening. If you wish to become involved with the gardening club, call the Extension Office at anytime. To help serve the people of the county, the Master Gardeners have an educational booth at the county fair, a plant swap at the Clark County fairgrounds every spring on the Saturday before Mother’s Day, and they are always busy planning more educational opportunities.
Starting in Janaury 2005 there will be specialized fruits and vegetables training offered through the Master Gardner program.
If you have any questions concerning your garden, contact the Clark County UW-Extension Office.
RELATED HORTICULTURE LINKS OF INTEREST
- UW – Department of Entomology Insect Diagnostic Lab
- UW – Extension Horticultural Publications
- UW – Landscape Plants of the Upper Midwest
- UW – Plant Disease and Diagnostic Clinic
- UW – Soil and Plant Analysis Laboratory
- UW – The Wisconsin Gardener – Public TV
- UW – Urban Horticulture
- UW – Urban Horticulture Updates
- UWEX – Wisconsin Native Plant Sources
- Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources
- Wisconsin Master Gardener Program
- Wisconsin Horticulture Calendar – Other events of interest
- University of Connecticut Plant Database
- Ohio State University Plant Dictionary
- USDA Plants Database
- Weed Science Society of America
- Wisconsin Phenological Society